Posted by: bahareiran | June 12, 2011

Mansoor Hadjian, a resident of Ashraf who was wounded in April 8th assault, passed away due to lack of medical care

Iranian Resistance’s warnings to the US and the UN for transferring Mansoor to the American hospital or Europe proved to be futile.

NCRI, 11 june- Mansoor Hadjian, 52, was one of the Ashraf residents who were wounded in the deadly attack of the Maliki’s forces on Ashraf on April 8th. He passed away today, June 11, in a hospital in Baghdad after two months of pain and suffering due to inhumane and tyrannical medical siege on Ashraf and hindrances made by the Iraqi Prime Ministry Committee charged with suppression of Ashraf residents.

Mansoor Hadjian, the 36th martyr of the 8th April attack, was shot in the chest in the brutal attack of the Iraqi forces which led to a lung injury along with severe bleeding. He was a PMOI member who had struggled steadfastly against the religious fascism ruling Iran for 26 years.

Being severely injured on April 8th, he was taken to the hospital called ‘New Iraq Hospital’ under the control of Iraqi forces; a place where is justly named ‘New Iraq torture center’. Since no specialist doctor was there, they stitched his wound which later caused serious damages to him. He was subsequently taken to Baquba and then to Baghdad. The specialist doctors said that stitching the wound had deteriorated his condition even more. On April 27, while according to his doctor his treatment was not complete and his condition was not stabilized yet, the Iraqi forces returned him to Ashraf upon
the order of Ashraf Committee.

Although the patient was still in a critical condition, the Committee, which receives its orders directly from Nouri al-Maliki, prevented his transfer to the hospital. After many attempts and intervention of the UN representatives, Mansoor and two other wounded residents were taken to Irbil on May 23 to be treated in a hospital. However, local authorities stopped them at the entrance of Irbil till late in the night and did not allow them to be hospitalized there. Mansoor, being in critical condition because of collapsed
lung and having suction attached to him, was taken to Kirkuk in the middle of night to be hospitalized in a medical center. However again, he and other
wounded were not allowed to be hospitalized there due to obstructions made by the Iraki responsibles. Finally, he and other patients were brought back to
Ashraf on May 24th after having spent 24 hours in the car.

On June 2nd, Mansoor was inevitably taken to a hospital in Baghdad which lacked sufficient facilities for his treatment. Finally, he passed away this morning because of long delays in his treatment and lack of adequate medical facilities.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: