The Iranian regime’s State Security Forces have arrested a number of young girls disguising as boys to enter sport stadium.
The head of Special Unites of the State Security Forces told state-run Fars news agency on Saturday, May 11: “A number of girls who had painted their faces to look like boys, tried to enter the football stadium. We arrested them and turned them over to the judicial authorities.”
In Iran women and girls are banned from Azadi stadium (the national football stadium). In response to this ban, women and girls have began dressing up as men to gain entrance.
The Iranian regime’s State Security Forces have arrested a number of young girls disguising as boys to enter sport stadium.
NCRI, 23 April 2013 – The Iranian regime’s armed forces are on high alert to crush any public protests during this June’s presidential election, the head of the regime’s armed forces has warned.
The country’s rulers are known to be terrified of the prospect of a massive uprising similar to the nationwide protests during the 2009 election.
Armed forces chief Seyed Hassan Firouz-Abadi has now told the state-run Mehr news agency: “Our armed forces are completely ready to confront any kind of possible sedition and evil in the forthcoming elections.
“Our armed forces are experienced forces. They have experienced the riots during the 2009 uprising, and they are fully acquainted with how to confront these kinds of dangers.
“Our armed forces are not politically motivated. Their duty is to plan, prepare, guard and monitor all the places where trouble may start, and they are planning ahead for this now.”
10 April 2013
2012 saw the resumption of executions in several countries that had not used the death penalty in some time, notably India, Japan, Pakistan and Gambia, as well as an alarming escalation in executions in Iraq. But the use of the death penalty continues to be restricted to an isolated group of countries, and progress towards its abolition was seen in all regions of the world.
The death penalty in numbers
Only 21 of the world’s countries were recorded as having carried out executions in 2012 – the same number as in 2011, but down from 28 countries a decade earlier in 2003.
In 2012, at least 682 executions were known to have been carried out worldwide, two more than in 2011. At least 1,722 newly imposed death sentences in 58 countries could be confirmed, compared to 1,923 in 63 countries the year before.
“The regression we saw in some countries this year was disappointing, but it does not reverse the worldwide trend against using the death penalty. In many parts of the world, executions are becoming a thing of the past,” said Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International.
“Only one in 10 countries in the world carries out executions. Their leaders should ask themselves why they are still applying a cruel and inhumane punishment that the rest of the world is leaving behind.”
The top five executing countries in the world were once again China, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and USA, with Yemen closely behind.
How and why people are executed
Methods of executions in 2012 included hanging, beheading, firing squad and lethal injection. In Saudi Arabia, the body of one man executed through beheading was displayed in what is known as “crucifixion”.
People faced the death penalty for a range of crimes including non-violent drug-related and economic offences, but also for “apostasy”, “blasphemy”, and “adultery” – acts that should not be considered crimes at all.
Wathiq al-Batat, leader of Iraqi Hezbollah and Mukhtar Army:
• Killing of Mojahedin is a religious and ethical duty and in near future we will target them again
• We are committed to Khamenei as the Supreme Leader and refer to him for military and political issues
• Wathiq al-Batat has links with Al-Qaeda, has had 1200 operations against Americans and has inflicted blows to Mubarak port in Kuwait
International Arabic language newspapers of Al Hayat and Asharq-al-Awsat on Monday February 25 published interviews with Mullah Vasegh Albattat, leader of “Iraqi Hezbollah” and the “Mukhtar Army” who is in Najaf, Iraq. He stressed in these interviews that he was under the command of the mullahs’ regime Supreme Leader and promised more attacks on the People’s Mojahedin of Iran (PMOI.MEK).
The interviews clearly show that the Iraqi Hezbollah and al-Batat are part of the mullahs’ regime Revolutionary Guards Corps, which is under the command of Khamenei, and operates in coordination with Maliki’s government.
In this interview, al-Batat “promised he would inflict a second crippling blow on PMOI and stressed that we consider striking and killing them as a religious and ethical duty and we would target them again in near future.” These newspapers quoted him as saying “I am a faithful to the line of Velayat-e-faqih (Supreme Leader) that Mr. Khamenei represents and Hezbollah is a follower of Khamenei and we are committed to him as our leader and go to him for military and political issues … All of Hezbollah branches across the world are in touch with the office of the Supreme Leader and Mr. Khamenei… I am the regional representative of Ayatollah Mohammad Ali Al-Alawi Al-Gorgani whose permanent residence is in Qom and I am the director of his office in Najaf.”
He emphasized: His group will target “those who want to distance Shiism from the state” and promised strong response to Kurds in Iraq and Kuwait “in case they want to spread in the Iraqi territory.” Al-Batat said “he has got master’s degree in military science from Tehran University”, “has executed 1200 operations against Americans” and “has inflicted blows to Kuwait’s port Mubarak.” He acknowledged “he was been in contact with Al-Qaeda from the past and his relationship continues until now.” “We occasionally contact them to get information in return for some money and they would provide it to us.” These statements clearly show that Al-Qaeda has no existence in Iraq without the Iranian regime and the terrorist Quds Force.
Meanwhile mullahs’ regime websites declared that Wathiq al-Batat “has threatened Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other dictators in the region” that “we intend to capture the Saudi Kingdom and pray in Haramein Al-Sharif (Mecca). He stressed that the Mukhtar Army would support the central government in fighting corruption and countering terrorist groups and Al-Qaeda and what is called Iraqi Free Army.” (State-run Asremrooz – February 25)
These statements clearly show the goal of forcible displacement of Ashraf residents to Camp Liberty was their annihilation and today their protection and safety is top priority. To prevent further catastrophes, the only immediate and available option is their transfer to Camp Ashraf, and the US and UN should focus all their efforts to this end.
Any delay in doing so under whatever pretext, is unacceptable because a repeat of the catastrophe and a fourth massacre is quite possible at any moment, and no excuse from the US or the UN or any other party will be acceptable.
The Iranian resistance announced on February 13 that the decision on the February 9 rocket attack against Camp Liberty was made in the mullahs’ Supreme National Security Council and ordered by Khamenei.
The responsibility for the implementation of the operation, the coordination with the Iraqi government was given to the terrorist Quds Force and the Iranian regime’s Embassy in Baghdad. The operating group was from “Kata’ib Hezbollah or Hezbollah Brigades” death squads and Quds agents. These squads were created by the mullahs’ regime and in coordination with the Iraqi government they target in Iraq those that Iranian regime wishes.
Mukhtar Army announced its creation on February 4, five days prior to the missile attack on Camp Liberty. According to reports by Iraqi media and news agencies, it held a military parade in Sana’e club in Baghdad few hours after its announcement with Iraqi army and police providing their security.
The name Mukhtar (which symbolizes revenge) is a reference to Maliki. Asharq-Al-Awsat wrote on February 11: “In slogans that were shouted in support of Maliki by groups associated with him, they describe Maliki as “Mukhtar of the time”.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran February 25, 2013
NCRI – The Iranian regime has arrested a number of relatives of members of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK).
Among those arrested on Monday February 18 are: Mrs. Akram Sanjari and her son Milad Yazdan-panah, Mrs. Donia Karimi and her 20 year old son Hanif Attarzadeh; and Asef Rezaeian who is under 18.
The agents did not give any explanation on the reason for their arrests.
Simultaneous with February 9th massive rocket attack on the Camp Liberty in Iraq that houses thousands of PMOI (MEK) members, the Iranian regime has intensified pressure and crackdown on supporters of PMOI(MEK) and families of residents of Camp Liberty and Ashraf living in Iran.
Many PMOI family members have been imprisoned without any justifications.
Iran Human Rights, February 18: According to reports from reliable sources in Iran, 12 prisoners are scheduled to be executed in Shiraz Prison (south of Iran) on Wednesday, February 20, 2013. According to the same sources, the prisoners have been sentenced to death for drug-related charges.
Iranians in London protest attack on Camp Liberty
NCRI – The deadly mortar and missile attack on Camp Liberty in Iraq on Saturday which killed six and left at least 100 injured has been condemned by the United Nations Secretary Generl, EP Delegation for Relations with Iraq, Amnesty International and the the UN’s High Commission for Refugees.
The UN said Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon ‘strongly condemned’ the violence and called on Iraq to carry out a full investigation to bring the killers to justice.
A statement from the UN said: “The Secretary-General strongly condemns the mortar attack today on Camp Liberty.
“The Secretary-General calls on the Government of Iraq, which is responsible for the safety and security of residents of both Camp Liberty and Camp Ashraf, to promptly and fully investigate the incident and bring perpetrators to justice.
“He has repeatedly stated that violence and provocation are unacceptable.
“He reiterates the United Nations strong commitment to continue its long-standing efforts to facilitate a peaceful and durable solution for the residents of both Camp Liberty and Camp Ashraf pursuant to its agreement with the Government of Iraq of 25 December 2011.”
UNHCR chief: This is a despicable act of violence
UNHCR chief Antonio Guterres said: “I strongly condemn this attack. This is a despicable act of violence.”
“I call on the Iraqi Government to do everything it can to guarantee security to the residents. The perpetrators must be found and brought to justice without delay.”
Mr Guterres said Camp Liberty residents were asylum seekers undergoing the refugee status determination process and so entitled to international protection.
The High Commissioner also called on all countries to help find urgent solutions for the Camp Liberty residents and expressed his ‘deep condolences’ to the families of the victims.
Amnesty International: The attack against Camp Liberty is a despicable crime
Human rights group Amnesty International demanded that Iraq urgently investigate the attack and look into the conduct of Iraqi security forces before and when it happened to determine if they could have prevented it.
Amnesty’s Middle East and North Africa Program’s Deputy Director Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui said in a statement: “The attack against Camp Liberty is a despicable crime.
“The authorities in Iraq must ensure not only that those responsible for this attack are brought to justice but that those living in the camp are protected.”
Call on Secretary of State John Kerry to take immediate action
And the European Parliament’s Delegation for Relations with Iraq said it was ‘appalling’ at the attack.
Its president Struan Stevenson MEP called on US Secretary of State John Kerry to take urgent action to relocate the camp’s 3100 residents to safety.
Mr Stevenson said: “Camp Liberty’s atrocious prison-like conditions, its inadequate protection and lack of progress in relocating these innocent refugees and asylum seekers to third countries, further necessitates the return of these residents to Camp Ashraf until they can be taken out of Iraq to countries of safety.
“The US Government and the UN are directly responsible for the security and protection of these refugees and they have failed them miserably.
“I hold them fully accountable for this latest atrocity. The 3100 residents crammed into Camp Liberty are sitting ducks who can be murdered at will by Iraqis and their Iranian sponsors. We warned that this would happen and absolutely no notice was taken.
“I call on the newly appointed US Secretary of State John Kerry to take immediate action to get these people relocated to places of safety.”
Declare Camp Liberty a refugee camp, return residents to Camp Ashraf
Stevenson also called on the UNHCR to declare the refugee status of the residents of Camp Liberty immediately in order to protect their lives.
And he urged UN High Commissioner Antonio Guterres to force the Iraqi government to relocate the residents of Liberty back to Ashraf without delay.
He said: “This is a humanitarian necessity, a legal necessity, and an ethical necessity that the European Union, the U.S. government, and the United Nations must try immediately to make happen.”
NCRI, 11 February 2013 - An Iranian father has died after enduring more than two weeks of torture at the hands of the regime’s henchmen.
Amir Mousaei, 38, was arrested by revolutionary guards at his father’s house in Genaveh in mid-January after months of being tracked by intelligence agents.
He was first locked up in Genaveh prison, where he was tortured for two days before being transferred in to Borazjan.
Despite pleas and offers of bail from his family for his release, he was again beaten with batons and iron rods for another 12 days before being held in solitary confinement.
Only after that was he finally taken to Borazjan hospital suffering from multiple injuries, where his loved ones were given permission to visit.
During brief periods of consciousness and suffering from massive bruising and infection and damage to his intestines, he managed to tell them how he had been been beaten and tortured for 15 days.
His final wish was to be able to see his three-year-old son, but Mr Mousaei tragically died before the father and son could be reunited.
Residents of Genaveh later gathered at his father’s house to condemn Khamenei and the clerical regime for Amir’s brutal death.
This is the fourth case of killing prisoners under torture which has emerged in recent months.
Blogger Sattar Beheshti, from Robat Karim near Tehran, Tehran university student Keramatollah Zareian and Jalil Savidi, a plumber from Ahwaz, are all also known to have been killed under torture.
The killings are all happening amidst total silence and inactivity from the international community.
The Iranian regime’s dossier of severe and systematic human rights violations should be referred to the UN Security Council and the regime’s leader should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity, as one necessary towards ending the cycle of repression in Iran.
NCRI, 15 January 2013 – The clerical regime in a horrible crime against humanity, murdered , 27 year old student at TehranUniversity under torture. He is the third prisoner following Sattar Beheshti and Jamil Soweidi who has been killed under torture in a month and its news has been leaked out. Many political prisoners are annihilated in torture chambers and safe houses but their news story never leaks out.
Keramatallah Za’reian, who was arrested three times before because of his political activities and was always wanted, disappeared on December 25. Then the executioners, who killed him under torture, placed his body in the bathtub of his home in Tehran’s Nezamabad district and in order to remove torture signs, placed Za’reian’s corpse in the bathtub and left hot water running. His body was disintegrated due to infections and was in pieces, terribly deformed. Henchmen informed his family on December 29 that due to an incident that has happened for Keramtallah, they were asked to go from Jahrom to Tehran. The mullahs’ Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) agents have told his family that because he had insulted “the leader”, he was physically punished.
Keramatallah Za’reian started his protest activities from the onset of his admission to the School of Fine Arts of Tehran University in 2003. He was arrested for the first time in 2006. On December 7, 2009 he was arrested for the second time, was transferred to Kahrizak death camp, went under cruel torture and then was transferred to Evin prison. After his release, he was always under pressure and prosecution, and was expelled from the university. He was arrested for the third time in February 2011 and was placed under brutal torture.